REVIEW: Makeup Geek Eyeshadows (Peach Smoothie, Cocoa Bear, & Bitten)

Makeup Geek eyeshadow pans - $6

I've known about Makeup Geek eyeshadows for well over a year now. Despite all the hype and love over the eyeshadows, I never actually purchased any for myself.

Since my birthday is soon, I went ahead and bought a few eyeshadows for myself. I would have waited until after my actual birthday, but the Makeup Geek blushes were launching and that's why I went ahead and made the order sooner.

I ordered three shades: Peach Smoothie, Cocoa Bear, and Bitten, all three courtesy of Sam from Batalash and her makeup tutorials.


My favourite out of the bunch is Bitten, which I describe as a dark and vampy burgundy. The texture of the eyeshadow in the pan is very rough to the touch, but it actually applies and blends smoothly once on the eye. I don't have anything like this in my collection (and I do mean that) so this is a nice thing to have.


Cocoa Bear is a dark brown with a red undertone. It's a great crease shade and a shade to use to darken up the outer edge of an eye look. This is also easy to apply and blend on the eye. I've yet to have any issues with this. I don't think I have anything like this in my collection. I do have warm browns, but they're not as red as this particular shade is.


Peach Smoothie is unfortunately a disappointing eyeshadow and I regret buying this. I'm not sure if I got a bad batch or what, but it's pretty bad. A friend of mine told me how he has purchased nine black eyeshadows from Makeup Geek in his life and four out of five were pretty bad. This would make a great transitioning and blending shade, but unfortunately, it's very patchy, chalky, uneven in application. It even sunk into lines in my eyelid that I didn't even know I had. It's too cheap of an eyeshadow in price to put on my blog sale, so I had put it up on my swap list on makeupalley. I want to try Beaches and Cream and see if it's much better than this one.


Here are swatches of all three shadows: Peach Smoothie, Cocoa Bear, and Bitten. Again, out of the three, Bitten is my favourite. Bitten and Cocoa Bear work fine while Peach Smoothie was unfortunately not very good at all. If Marlena accepted returns, this is one I would be returning. I have uploaded a makeup tutorial using these eyeshadows which you can find here.


Have you tried Makeup Geek eyeshadows? Did you have better luck with Peach Smoothie than I did? I hope you did!

5 comments:

  1. Omg I love Sam so much. And I too dream of one day owning peach smoothie. These are all great colors and bitten looks so gorgeous on you! Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame peach smoothie didn't work.out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt the EXACT same way about Peach Smoothie! I reviewed a few MUG eyeshadows on my blog as well and I share the same sentiments about you. I love the other colours you picked up though, Cocoa Bear and Bitten look so pretty.

    Swatching Oddity | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful look! Too bad that peach smoothie wasn't all that "smooth" after all, but the look you've created there is so purdy! I'd look like I was punched in the eye if I used those colours on myself lol. HowDoesDeeDoit

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I typically respond via Twitter since Blogger doesn't notify others of replies. Leave your Twitter username in your comment so I can get back to you. Feel free to leave your blog link as a signature, but please do not ask me to follow4follow or to follow back just because you followed me.