MAC 217 - My Go-To Blending Brush

MAC 217 ($24)

One of the most important brushes you'll need in your collection as long as you're doing eye makeup is a blending brush. Listen, I don't believe that you need to have your eyeshadows 100% or even 5% blended if you don't want it to be blended. Editorial makeup exists. It's a thing. I'm tired of people making blended eyeshadow a requirement. It's not. But, if you want to have the blended eyeshadow, you need to have a really good brush!

I've tried a number of different kinds of blending brushes in my five years of using makeup. I've used flat ones, domed fluffy ones, various kinds.

My favourite blending brush, hands down, is the MAC 217. In the picture above, you can tell which brush I've had for four years and which brush is only two weeks old. I use this brush in every look along with my Sigma E25 and Sephora Oval Blending Brush. All brushes listed are great, but for me, nothing beats the MAC 217.

What are your go-to blending brushes?

7 comments:

  1. I love that Mac 224 for blending. I need to try the 217 :)
    I just found your blog, I love it and I have followed you!
    http://ashleysuemakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i still need one of these brushes!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to try out some of MAC's blending brushes, and even though everyone swears by the 217 I'm unsure if it's worth the money. Personally I find that the RT base shadow brush (from the purple collection) suits my crease really well. I also really like Sephora's crease brush a lot too, though I like using that for overall blending or above my crease.

    xx becky / star-violet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like my RT base brush for blending transitioning shades but it won't work for the brighter colours. I can never get the shape I want with my eyelids.

      Delete
  4. " I don't believe that you need to have your eyeshadows 100% or even 5% blended if you don't want it to be blended. Editorial makeup exists. It's a thing. I'm tired of people making blended eyeshadow a requirement. " This! I thought I was the only one who felt that way!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I typically respond via Twitter since Blogger doesn't notify others of replies. Leave your Twitter username in your comment so I can get back to you. Feel free to leave your blog link as a signature, but please do not ask me to follow4follow or to follow back just because you followed me.

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About

Follow on Bloglovin