NEW HAIR! From long hair to short hair!


After having long hair since the age of fifteen after I last cut it so short (which ended up being a disaster the entire time it was short since I knew jack shit about anything beauty related), I finally decided to attempt wearing short hair again. 

I've had long hair for seven years now and while I enjoy the long hair, it's a pain in the head. Always using up a lot of conditioner, feeling heavy when you wear it up, looking flat when it just gets way too long... I liked the look of it, the big ol' lion mane, but it's a pain. And since spring and summer are approaching, I really didn't want to deal with a lot of hair. 

Plus, I really love Phoebe Tonkin, want to be Phoebe Tonkin, and when she cut her hair really short, I just really wanted to cut my hair short to just be her. That's really the number one reason for this hair change, hah. 

If you look through my videos and blog posts, you will see just how long my hair was. You'll also see it's naturally curly which is actually really bad for this small amount of hair compared to what I had. I actually end up looking like a seven-year-old child when I leave this in its natural state, so I can tell a lot of hair straightening is going to be in my life. 

All I did was ask for my hair to be collar bone length, have choppy razored layers, and have the same thing done to my fringe. For styling, I use my $15 seven-year-old Conair straightener (I know, I know) , use a little hairspray to kepe the straightness, and then use my Wen by Chaz Dean texture balm in Sweet Mint and Almond (I think?) to make it look messier. 

Will I go my hair out to be as long as it used to be again? I don't know. I don't think I will. I would probably grow this out to at least the top of my boobs, but I don't think I could deal with keeping it as long as it used to be.

If you can recommend products for short curly and straight hair, leave them in the comments or tweet them to me @rikkipoynter!

6 comments:

  1. Love it! I think it really suits you =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg this is so cute!!! I wish I couldd pull this off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally love your new hair! it looks amazeballs! :) just found your blog and i'm so glad! can't wait to read more :)

    www.dianamechelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks great, very modern, young and chic! The bangs really make it :) Shorter locks can be so liberating.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I typically respond via Twitter since Blogger doesn't notify others of replies. Leave your Twitter username in your comment so I can get back to you. Feel free to leave your blog link as a signature, but please do not ask me to follow4follow or to follow back just because you followed me.

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About

Follow on Bloglovin