MAKEUP 101: Face/Base Products (Foundation/Tinted Moisturizer)


One of the most important things about having a really great made up face is having a really good base. Having a really good foundation/base is the one thing that can help make the rest of your makeup look really good. Of course, if you feel like you have really nice skin, or you just don't care about foundation, that's okay too. Regardless of suggestions and recommendations, nothing in makeup is completely necessary if you don't feel like you need it or want it.

NOTE: If you want something to help even out your skintone but you don't want that possibly heavy feeling of a foundation, you can use something lighter like a tinted moisturizer, or you could create your own by mixing some of your moisturizer and your foundation together.

L'OREAL True Match Liquid Foundation - I gave up on trying to find a shade that suited me, but for those of you that want to try a foundation that's wonderful for dry skin and doesn't break the bank, if you can find a shade that works for you, give this one a try. It feels lightweight and doesn't look patchy or accentuate any dry flakes/patches on the skin. It also wears pretty well throughout the day. There's also a huge colour range.

Urban Decay NAKED Skin - Despite me exchanging my bottle for the Make Up For Ever HD foundation just 'cos of a better colour match, this really is a nice foundation. This is more of a sheer to not-quite-medium buildable coverage so if you're looking for something MUFE HD style, you're not going to find it in this foundation. I've also heard this working well for those with combination skin.

Ponds Luminous Finish BB+ Cream - (FYI, this isn't a "BB cream" like you would find in Asia. It's more of a thickened tinted moisturizer.) This is really good for those of us will dull, dry skin. It's more on the pinkier side though, so if you're yellow, this may not be the best choice for you. The fact that there are only two shades in this range make it hard to make sure you have a decent colour match.

Revlon ColourStay Foundation - I remember when this was the most popular drugstore foundation out there on YouTube for both oily and dry skinned makeup lovers. This was a foundation that was a staple item in a lot of oily skinned bloggers' routine. I've tried the dry skin formula myself and wasn't a fan of the thick formula, but if you've got oily skin, I would suggest picking this up.

Make Up For Ever HD Foundation - This is something I would find to be more suitable with those that have more oilier skin than I do, since mine is very dry. As long as you moisturize enough (I use two serums), then you should be okay. The coverage and longevity in this foundation is really good. When I first use a makeup wipe to remove my makeup at night, there is still foundation left, just on the wipe now instead of my face. The colour range is also really good so you'll have a better chance of finding a shade that matches you.

Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation - Other staple I've heard being talked about on blogs and YouTube. This is supposed to be a long wearing foundation which is perfect for those with oily skin. It's also supposed to be able to cover tattoos so, as you can see, it's supposed to be a full coverage foundation!

If you have any suggestions for foundations for other/various skin types, leave them in the comments section!

Makeup 101 is going to be a series of blog posts telling you what sort of products I would recommend for certain things in a makeup routine. Later on, I'll probably end up writing some tips and tricks. Feel free to leave requests in the comments section!

5 comments:

  1. I'm always looking for the perfect foundation! Great recommendations :)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love of the True Match but sadly it transfer too much on my normal skin (or maybe it's the weather). If only it came in a matte-ish version...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for these reviews, Rikki! :) I've always been a Tinted Moisturizer girl (Laura Mercier, hey hey) but then Ive been breaking out so Im needing more coverage! Thanks for your suggestions and glossovers, I think I know what to try next ;) MUFE HD!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I typically respond via Twitter since Blogger doesn't notify others of replies. Leave your Twitter username in your comment so I can get back to you. Feel free to leave your blog link as a signature, but please do not ask me to follow4follow or to follow back just because you followed me.

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About

Follow on Bloglovin