MAKEUP 101: Concealers


If you're someone that doesn't wear foundation or tinted moisturizer, like I hadn't for years because of not being able to find a suitable shade, a concealer is a good product to have. 

There are people that feel like s/he doesn't need to cover up their entire face. Some people will have great skin and feel the need to only cover up small areas like their undereye circles or maybe some redness and blemishes. 

If you're looking for my drugstore favourite, I'm sorry to tell you that I do not have one. I have tried many drugstore concealers, but none of them have lived up to my standards.

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer - I've tried many concealers, even the famous Benefit Erase Paste, and to me, nothing works for my extremely dry undereyes like this NARS concealer does. Occasionally, it does end up looking a bit powdery, but that has something more to do with my improper use of skincare than anything else. I find this to be very easy to blend and has good coverage. If you want to see how this looks under my eyes, just see the photos I've posted on this blog and watch my videos on my YouTube channel. I'm wearing it in 85~% of the videos.

Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer - While this has worked for me alright, I find this would probably be more suitable for those of you with oilier skin than I have. It's much more drying than the NARS concealer. It's also much thicker. I wish it came in something other than a squeezeable tube since it's so hard to get the amount of product you really want out of it since it's so thick. I've had many instances where I've just squeezed out too much trying to get it to come out. For the most part, the "creaseless" part lives up to its name. It's not 100% perfect, but set with powder, it does the job. I was using this concealer for a year or so before I decided to try the NARS.

Makeup 101 is going to be a series of blog posts telling you what sort of products I would recommend for certain things in a makeup routine. Later on, I'll probably end up writing some tips and tricks. Feel free to leave requests in the comments section!

4 comments:

  1. Oooooh! I just bought one of those NARS concealers in the shade "honey" from Sephora! It was supposed to arrive on Friday, but ahhhh, the snow ;( Hoping I'll have good results for it too.

    xx becky / star-violet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great series! I really need to get my hands on that nars concealer! I've wanted it for aaagggeesss!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've strayed from the NARS creamy concealer because it's so hyped, I worry it may disappoint. However, I do find Benefit Erase paste to look really dry on my under eyes, so I may have to give it a try. It must be hyped for a reason!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard amazing things about the NARS concealer. I think I might have to try it myself. I've been looking for a new concealer~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I typically respond via Twitter since Blogger doesn't notify others of replies. Leave your Twitter username in your comment so I can get back to you. Feel free to leave your blog link as a signature, but please do not ask me to follow4follow or to follow back just because you followed me.

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About

Follow on Bloglovin