REVIEW: OCC Lip Tar - Memento

07 January 2014

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar "Memento" - $18

For Christmas, I received the OCC Mini Lip Tar set that retailed for just $20 for four little lip tars. Unfortunately, the set isn't for sale anymore (the 12 set is, though), but Memento is a permanent shade, so this review is still good to go.

If you don't know what lip tars are, they're an extremely pigmented lipstick in liquid form. A very little bit goes a long way. If you're vegan, this brand is absolutely perfect for you since every single one of their products is vegan.


Memento is described on the Sephora website as a midtone pink plum. I see the midtone pink, but I'm not sure I'm seeing the plum.


Even on my lips, it looks like a deep pink nude shade.

Lip Tars have a tendency to be a drying product which is really how it ends up looking so matte once dried and lasts a long time even after drinking (and maybe eating, depending on what you're eating). I have very high maintenance lips that require extra care and even with very good lip balm, lip tars are drying on me. Each shade I've tried has a different level of dryness. It really just depends on the shade. Memento actually feels very comfortable for the first hour, but after that, it dries completely and starts to feel a little more drying, especially at the edges and sides of the mouth, but it's not the driest lip tar I own.

If you've got super dry lips that peel easily, I wouldn't recommend a matte lip tar and would instead recommend you go for a gloss stain. Although they're much more comfortable to wear, they are a gloss and they don't have the pigmentation or the longevity of a matte lip tar. You can see my comparison video here. Lip tars come in many, many different shades from your ordinary neutrals to blues and greens that you can use to mix with neutral lip tars or other colours and just have a field day with them.

RELATED QUESTION: How do you feel about lip tars?

3 comments:

  1. I love wearing colors like this when I do bright eye looks like you did here! I love my one OCC liptar, I've been wanting to pick up some new shades for a while!

    katiechamel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lip tar looks really good on you, although I can't see the plum as well haha:) Never used it before, but seems like a good idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I typically respond via Twitter since Blogger doesn't notify others of replies. Leave your Twitter username in your comment so I can get back to you. Feel free to leave your blog link as a signature, but please do not ask me to follow4follow or to follow back just because you followed me.