REVIEW: MAC Magnetic Nude Extra Dimension Skinfinish - Fairly Precious

MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Fairly Precious - $30

If you're new to MAC Skinfinishes (and/or Mineralized Skinfinishes, even) like I am, the Extra Dimension Skinfinish is "a liquid-powder highlighter/illuminizer with prismatic reflections designed to sculpt, highlight, and model a person's face". That's basically a really fancy pants way of saying that it's a product that you can use to highlight your cheekbones, nose bridge, cupid's bow, and perhaps other places that you may feel like highlighting to allow light to reflect and really make your face pop.


Fairly Precious is a warm peach that can also look like a rose gold shade in some lighting with a really shimmery finish.

Unlike the Benefit Rockateur, which doesn't show up on me no matter how many layers I put on, this product shows up very well on my NC/W20~ skintone even with just one layer. Unfortunately, the shimmer, while very prominent in the pan, it seems to be the complete opposite on my cheeks. It will be there when I first put the product on but then after a while, I start to notice that it's just somehow completely disappeared after a few hours.


If you would like to see the product in action, please see the tutorial above!

Do I think the product is worth $30? Probably not unless you don't mind the shimmerness possibly going away within a few hours. The colour is still on, just the shimmer is not. I don't really suggest wearing this as a highlighter alone. I only really splurge on MAC twice a year, for my birthday and Christmas, so it isn't a huge deal to me.

RELATED QUESTION: Did you pick up anything from the Magnetic Nude collection?

3 comments:

  1. I personally would be happy with this being shimmer-free :-) Shimmer + my skin = bad combo. I picked up an eyeshadow and a Fluidline from this collection, and I am loving them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like MAC Extra Dimension, specifically eyeshadows and hope that they release them permanently. I find them so soft and metallic, and just so pretty. That said the only color I wanted from the collection was Amorous Alloy and it's already sold out :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous color for you! I'm a sucker for a MAC msf! I've been pretty good about not picking one up, but this looks like a lovely shade!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I typically respond via Twitter since Blogger doesn't notify others of replies. Leave your Twitter username in your comment so I can get back to you. Feel free to leave your blog link as a signature, but please do not ask me to follow4follow or to follow back just because you followed me.

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About

Follow on Bloglovin