Real Techniques Duo-Fiber Face Brush: The Best Brush For Pigmented Blush

06 January 2014


I’m a big fan of Real Techniques brushes (Although not all of them and some from my collection, I have sold or am trying to sell in my blog sale.) and whenever a new collection or a new brush comes out, I always want to get my hands on them and try it out. When I first heard about the Duo-Fiber Collection a few months ago, I desperately wanted to get my hands on it. Unfortunately, Ulta is about an hour away so I can’t/don’t go very often and when I did go, the collection wasn’t available in my store. I know I could get it online, but I wanted to see the brushes in person first.

The Duo-Fiber Face Brush is good for lightweight application of powder and blush. When I saw this, I instantly knew that I wanted to use this for blush that was really too pigmented for my already pink face. (For blushes that aren’t so oh em gee pigmented, I really like to use the Real Techniques Multitask Brush.)

 

theBalm Instain Blush in Toile (I almost wrote “Toilet” the first time. Moving on…) is the perfect example of a pretty pigmented blush. You can see a swatch of it on Temptalia here. You can use a Real Techniques Multitask Brush and buff it in just fine, but it is more work than just taking a duo-fiber brush and lightly dusting the product on!

This is the brush with blush on it. As you can see, not a ton of the product is on whereas with something much more dense, it would pick up a lot of the product and you'd really have to tap off excess and buff in if you're not going for that heavy blush look (which  looks totally awesome too, I've done it before).




This is how the blush looks on my skin after applying it with the duo-fiber brush and I actually used multiple layers! As you can see, you can see it (el oh el), but it's not oh so bright and incredibly over-the-top pigmented. It's just right when you want to do a minimal makeup look with a nice flush on the cheeks. Something soft and piece-y like the duo-fiber is much better at doing a natural flush than a more dense flush, unless you're going for the flush that makes you look as if you ran from Skynet.

Yes, I have Terminator jokes. I don't have time for zombie apocalypse jokes. Skynet will always be #1.

4 comments:

  1. I love using duo fiber brushes for super pigmented blushes. I find that fan brushes are also really amazing for pigmented blush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a big of real techniques lately! I haven't tried this range yet, but this would be perfect with some of my insanely pigmented blushers that I don't know what to do with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just very recently bought the starter and core collection kit, and the individual blush brush from Real Techniques. They are amazing brushes (not that I've tried high-end ones), but I find the Blush Brush a little too big for blush application. It'd turn my whole side of the face mainly pink, instead, I use the Blush Brush for liquid foundation application. Works a treat. Will look into purchasing the Duo-fiber Face Brush if I come across a highly pigmented blush or maybe to apply a luminous finishing powder. Thanks for the review, Rikki.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This brush works really well for foundation too, if you prefer a more sheer coverage/want to build it up in thin layers. I tried it out with my bb cream randomly one day (was using a foundation brush before - it actually gives a really streaky application, but I didn't have anything else for foundation at the time) and I've been using it for that ever since.

    xx becky / star-violet.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I typically respond via Twitter since Blogger doesn't notify others of replies. Leave your Twitter username in your comment so I can get back to you. Feel free to leave your blog link as a signature, but please do not ask me to follow4follow or to follow back just because you followed me.