Sephora Ultimate Dual Exfoliating Face Brush: Possible Dupe For Clarisonic?

14 January 2014



The Clarisonic is one of the most popular items in the skincare market right now and it's practically become a cult classic on the makeup b/vlogging world. 


I'm one of the few people that haven't made the splurge for such an expensive facial cleansing brush. There are things that I will spend $150+ on, but a facial cleansing brush is not one of them. There are things I will spend that much money on, but it just never seemed worth it to me for this kind of tool, especially when you have to replace the brush head every few months and those are expensive too.


My friend, Caroline, gifted me with the Sephora Ultimate Dual Exfoliating Face Brush for Christmas and I was very skeptical about it because I'm pretty sure it was her I returned the smaller Face Complexion Brush to (before we were friends, tee hee) and I rembering saying to her, or whoever I returned it to, that the brush really hurt my face.

With the Dual brush, you get one side that has the bristles for exfoliating and one side that has a silicone pad for really getting into the pores when washing your face. That's what I like about this over the $6 brush: you get another thing that's beneficial to your routine.


I have dry, very sensitive skin, and I really liked this brush. The first time I used it, the bristles hurt me very much and I was convinced that I was going to hate it, but I decided to keep trying it and it stopped hurting! I can even use it more than once a week! The silicone pad is really nice really cleaning my nose and other areas of my face. Your hands are only touching the service of your skin, so it's hard to really dig down deep in there and get extra yuckiness out.

For $16, this cleansing brush does a pretty damn good job for the price. I still don't feel the need to have a Clarisonic right now. If I did, it'd only be because the Clarisonic is electric and would do the job for me whereas the Sephora one, I have to maneuver myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I typically respond via Twitter since Blogger doesn't notify others of replies. Leave your Twitter username in your comment so I can get back to you. Feel free to leave your blog link as a signature, but please do not ask me to follow4follow or to follow back just because you followed me.